Standard Cell Digital Design Engineer
What you will do
As a part of a world renowned team, you will be involved in the research & development of digital circuits for ultra-scaled dimensions.
- Based on Design-Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) framework you will interact with our cutting edge process engineering teams to develop digital circuits, mainly standard cell libraries, for advanced CMOS technology nodes towards node 5nm and beyond.
- You will analyze trade-offs between process and design requirements to achieve an optimal DTCO driven solution for different technologies.
- Patterning layout studies as well as circuit electrical evaluations based on early device models will be at the heart of your job.
- You will also interact with system level designers to ensure a smooth power-performance-area and cost evaluation flow that assess the technology from process capabilities, up to digital system requirements.
- You will also closely interact with imec’s top class customers to provide them with early solutions to their design requirements and deep understanding of process-design interactions.
Mainly, your responsibilities will include:
- Standard cell layout
- Circuit optimization through spice simulations
- Close interaction with process teams in a DTCO platform that includes lithography, device modeling and process integration
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree or equivalent through experience in Electronics Engineering. Candidates without PhD but with relevant experience can be considered.
- You have extensive knowledge on standard cell and/or mixed signal design (preferably both). Experience in advanced technology nodes is a plus.
- You are familiar with circuit design simulation flows and related software (e.g.: Cadence Liberate, Virtuoso, Spectre, Liberate, Mentor Calibre or equivalent tools)
- You have good knowledge of solid state devices.
- You want to make a difference and you are looking for a challenge.
- You are self-driven and constantly exploring new opportunities. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies to go beyond.
- You are passionate about research, driving changes in the state-of-the art technologies by constantly challenging the status quo.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are a real team player, able to work in the diversified imec environment, with co-workers coming from all around the world.
- Proficiency in English is a must.