Strategic Partnership Senior Manager, Health (West Coast)
We are looking for a seasoned strategic partnerships manager to be part of our US business team, focusing on health and life sciences. As part of the business team, you will establish and grow strategic relationships with new and existing partners for imec's health business and capture opportunities to disrupt emerging health markets by leveraging the most advanced silicon technology in the world.
This role is hybrid and ideally located in the Bay area or another location strategic to this industry. Travel is required domestically and internationally up to 30 percent.
You will be highly collaborative with our headquarters (Leuven, Belgium).
What you will do
- Develop strategies for new North America market growth, focused on creation and management of strategic partnerships in the space of pharma, life sciences and medical device companies.
- Identify key target customers and stakeholders at targeted companies and engage with prospects.
- Drive discussion with partners from discovery to a business opportunity.
- Collaborate with internal (business, engineering) teams, to support the engagement process with the partner during the creation of proposals and negotiation of contracts.
- Understanding and communicating critical customer needs during this process to support a successful engagement and start of partnership.
- Build strategic account plans to continually find new opportunities to strengthen customer relationships and partnerships, to grow IMEC business across key accounts, driving significant revenue
- Develop strong executive-level relationships with decision-makers to understand their needs and to identify new business opportunities, including regular communication and visits.
- Work with minimal supervision; proactively escalate issues when unable to resolve on own
- Expand imec’s footprint in the US, targeting specific industries via marketing-related activities such as attending and presenting at conferences and joining networking groups and events relevant to the health industry
What we do for you
In this role, you will represent a prestigious global research institution. You will have the opportunity to learn about innovations and to contribute technology roadmaps. You will represent an organization that builds industry partnerships with the goal of making positive societal impacts. You will interact with C-level decision makers and some of the brightest minds from around the world to build collaborations that shape the future by leveraging imec’s research capabilities and advancements. This position offers flexibility, an opportunity to work in an international culture, and continuous learning.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. We offer you an attractive compensation package including: medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- At least five years of combined experience establishing long-term R&D partnerships, account management, or business development with companies in the life science, pharma/biotech, medical device, or healthcare sector
- Ideally, possess an established network including C-level and senior VP-level contacts in life science, pharma/biotech, medical device, or healthcare sectors
- An advanced degree in engineering, biological sciences, or business is preferred.
- Able to think strategically to assess and understand the strategic value of customer relationships, effectively partner, and negotiate.
- Outstanding organizational, planning, communication, and analytical skills
- Possess strong listening and interpersonal skills, and excellent oral and written presentation communication skills
- A keen interest in learning about and speaking compellingly about advanced technology within the function of this role
- Experience with customers and markets in the -omics, pharma biomanufacturing, and life science sectors is a plus
- Knowledge about various sensor technologies, including optical, electrical, photoacoustic modalities and/or nanofabrication, MEMS, and semiconductor process technology, is a plus.