Student project: Gas Sensor Research
What you will do
Your tasks will include:
- Contribute to the technology research of the design and functionality of ion liquids based sensors.
- Preparation of ionic liquid based sensors in a chemical lab.
- Measurement of gas response with impedimetric or amperometric measurement techniques using a gas mixing setup.
- Perform measurements in a real-life test environment.
- Interpretation of measured data leading to an advice for further improvement on design and manufacturing process for an optimized sensor performance.
- Documentation of measurement techniques and obtained data.
- Presentation of results.
What we do for you
Who you are
- Msc/Bsc student in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or similar.
- You are available for a period of 6 months.
- General knowledge of impedance or other electrochemical measurements.
- Experience with MATLAB or Python for data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with working in a chemical lab is a plus.
- Entitled to do an internship in the Netherlands (e.g. you hold a Dutch student visa).
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.