Student project: Wideband frequency generation for sensing applications
What you will do
The PLL is one of the key building blocks in transceiver system. It affects transmitter signal quality and receiver sensitivity, etc. In recent year, they are commonly used in some sensing applications.
This project aims to design a digital PLL for sensing applications. Firstly, literature study is needed to decide the specifications of this design. Secondly, design and analyze the proper PLL structure to fit the sensor. Finally, design the building blocks and tape this design out.
- Literature studies.
- Understanding both analog and digital design methodologies.
- Architecture study and proposal.
- Circuit implementation.
- Layout and post-layout simulation.
- Tape-out and measurement.
What we do for you
As a student in the Neuromorphic team you get the chance to contribute in a number of challenges to the design of efficient brain-like chips: scalable, energy-efficient, highly flexible network architectures that can learn with incredible efficiency.
Who you are
- Master’s student in Electrical Engineering.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledges of designing CMOS circuits.
- Motivated student eager to work independently and expand knowledge in the field.
- Good written and verbal English skills
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting. If you know someone who could be the right fit for the job click on ’refer’.
Please be advised that non-EU/EEA country students that are studying outside of the Netherlands, need to have a work-permit to be able to do an internship in the Netherlands.