System and Signal Processing Expert for Radar and IoT
What you will do
Imec's IoT group in Leuven combines innovative communication and sensing technologies that unleash the full potential of future smart cities, smart health and internet of things (IoT). Furthermore, research is done in the fields of quantum computing, future RF technologies, mmwave sensing for life sciences, mmwave imaging, …
The group in Leuven enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced communication and radar and millimeter wave sensing systems. In these fields, the group has a vertical system approach: our expertise ranges from antenna, frontend, baseband to algorithms and systems. Specifically, for IC design, imec’s established reputation has been confirmed every year by our extensive presence in top conferences such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC and CICC.
As an independent research center, we collaborate closely with top players in both industry and academia, giving our people a continuous exposure to both the latest evolutions in industrial challenges and approaches, as well as into the newest emerging academic ideas and paradigms.
We are now looking for an experienced expert in signal processing for wireless and radar systems.
In this position, your key responsibilities will be:
- To develop algorithmic solutions for complex problems in broadband wireless and coherent radars.
- To propose approaches to make the implementation possible on realistic digital platforms.
- To take ownership of the system design throughout the complete design cycle: from definition over implementation to testing and debugging, in close collaboration with other technical disciplines.
- To contribute to the publication of your work and the team’s work in conferences and journals.
- To take ownership of technical interactions with both external partners and prospects as well as internal program management to shape imec’s research roadmap.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of signal processing, wireless or radar or equivalent through experience. Experience in an industrial context is a plus.
- You have experience with embedded software design and are familiar with the implementation of wireless communication and/or radar systems. You have a strong experience with Matlab, C/C++, python, ….
- Experience with stochastic signal processing and/or machine learning is a plus.
- Experience with embedding applications under Linux is a plus.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields. You enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team. Fluency in English is essential. Occasional travel is part of the job.