System Architect - imec/KU Leuven spin-off
Would you like to become part of a start-up that is getting investors excited? Do you want to apply your know-how on working on a cutting-edge ultra-sound system, which combines advanced chip solutions and algorithms to enable a large area, wearable and flexible ultrasound patch? Would you like to become one of the first experts to join our team, with all the benefits in stock options and growth potential this brings? Look no further and apply with us today!
CarpatchIOT (working name) is a young start-up and a spin-off of imec and K.U.Leuven, two leading institutes in Leuven focused on advanced semi-conductor technologies and cutting edge medical imaging applications. CarpatchIOT is supported by Venture Capitalists, with the aim to develop a novel ultra-sound monitor for emergency settings in hospitals.
CarpatchIOT is located in Leuven, a dynamic and vibrant city at the heart Belgium, close to Brussels. It has a strong presence of high-tech companies & start-ups and hosts imec, one of the world’s leading independent research organization in semiconductor technology. People in Leuven are easy going and converse fluently in English, be it on the workplace, in daily encounters or in stores.
Why chose us? We offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary according to local standards
- Stock options in an exciting young start-up
- Excellent growth opportunities and a key role in the venture
What you will do
As System Architect you will help us to design, develop and characterize the system for our novel ultra-sound solution. In your role you will define the system architecture through system level models and act as integrator between hardware and software functions. You will interact across boundaries with the teams working on other aspects of the system (such as the ultrasound transducer chip and the software algorithms). You will help define the specifications for the circuit boards and defining the requirements for its components. Furthermore, you will define methods and procedures for characterizing and quantifying the system and its subsystems.
You are responsible for:
- System level design, modelling, simulation and testing
- Spec’ing system components
- Define the characterization flow for the system & subsystems
Who you are
Our ideal new colleague has experience in developing ultrasound or similar (radar, lidar, sonar) systems.
- You have obtained a MSc or PhD degree or equivalent experience.
- Know-how of system level languages such as matlab and/or python are a must.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude and you are committed to achieve results fast but in a reliable way.
- You have experience with test-board characterization and defining procedures and test flows.
- You are familiar with signal processing.
- Your experience with ultrasound (or other pulsed echo systems), beamforming and link budget calculations is a plus.
- Your FPGA programming: (verilog/vhdl) skills are a bonus.
- Given the international context, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.