System-on-Chip (SoC) Design Researcher
What you will do
- You will conduct hands-on performance and power studies and /or thermal to define the impact of device, backend and patterning choices on SoC design, in order to guide future technology development.
- You will evaluate at circuit level various SoC sub-circuits like critical paths, clock trees etc. at the outset of different device and back end options. Your work will involve power performance and area evaluation of various technology options at SoC level to find the right solutions, satisfying the requirements at advanced nodes.
- You will set targets for different parts of the SoC for various application domains.
- You will interact closely with circuit designers, device experts and process integration engineers. We expect that you will creatively overcome obstacles to obtain the answers to architectural questions;
- You will generate relevant parts of a digital PDK as the focus is on new technology nodes.
- The innovative ideas that you generate will end up in dissemination to our industry partners and patents. Part of the relevant learning will be published in conference and journal, according with the business needs.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
Who you are
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electronics Engineering, Relevant industrial experience or PhD in digital circuit design is a plus
- Ideal candidate has a background of digital implementation and SoC architecture for one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …) and can make specification for different parts of SoC in different market spaces.
- You have good knowledge of synthesis and place and route tools to allow the evaluation of PPAC post synthesis and post place and route.
- You have knowledge of tools like Synopsys DC compiler, IC Compiler, Cadence RC compiler and SoC Encounter are required, as well as basic understanding of circuit design.
- You worked with SPICE tools and are knowledgeable in synthesis and place and route tools.
- Custom design background in Virtuoso is a plus.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiatives; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.