Postdoctoral Researcher System Technology Co Optimization Techniques for High Performance Computing
What you will do
Changing the underlying technology for accelerators not only improves energy efficiency dramatically but will also call for novel system architectures, spanning from SSD and DRAM to the compute core architectures, potentially across multiple accelerator nodes.
Teaming up with various experts inside imec, you will explore and benchmark design and architecture trade-offs for new technologies to enable compute-in-memory for machine learning, computational memories and building a flexible and programmable digital system around it.
You will be responsible for:
- Building a system simulation framework that can help to explore the benefits of advanced semiconductor technology solutions in the high-performance computing (HPC) domain.
- Evaluate the impact of technology-driven AI/ML hardware in application domains such as HPC, AR/VR, automotive sector.
- Defining system architecture for distributed Machine Learning solutions.
- Exploring novel chip and system architectures to enable technology development, leveraging imec’s computational memories
- Modeling and simulating new architectures to analyze critical trade-offs and bottlenecks. You abstract away the lower level details and capture the essential traits that will determine power and performance
- Such system level optimizations are inherently application specific. In order to achieve a large enough market volume to motivate the huge NRE costs for novel technology, the application domain where such a solution is focused on should be sufficiently broad. The framework should be able to cover multiple application domains, ranging from the typical multi-core server systems, to dedicated heterogenous systems with e.g. AI accelerators or emerging compute platforms like AR/VR headsets.
What we do for you
Who you are
- You have a Ph.D. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- You have experience with the system architecture modeling and research.
- We are looking for your knowledge in advanced CMOS and memory technologies
- We value your experience with industry-standard EDA tools like Cadence/Synopsys, specifically system modeling tools and languages: SystemC, Platform Architect or similar.
- We are looking for a good team player and your ability to work independently
- You have excellent English communication skills and enjoy working in a multicultural environment