miDiagnostics is developing a new generation of point-of-care tests based on silicon chip technology for the detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor (nFP) that processes the sample, such as drops of blood, without the need of an instrument. miDiagnostics’ ambition is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or in remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
You will be part of a dynamic, international and multidisciplinary team that develops an innovative medical diagnostics device to be used at the point of need. As ‘Systems Design lead’ you will define the technology direction and diagnostics systems approach. You will work within a cross-functional team and are accountable for the systems design, architecture and system requirements. You will ensure that short & long term platform performance milestones are met in line with the business objectives.
- Architecture design: Help realise the functional design of our portable under the tree diagnostic device taking control of the system architecture, develop a clear vision for the internal components, electromechanical interactions, optical stack, thermal profile and modelling, space claims and interplay of sub components in the system.
- Logical design: Be able to develop and define the complete model of the function tree between the mechanical components, electrical components and optical pathways.
- Be able to coordinate and develop an energetic team of hardware, software and electronic engineers to realise the miDiagnostics vision of point of need medical devices under the ISO13485 regulatory framework.
Profile and competences
- The ideal candidate will have experience in design & development of disposable microfluidic devices for point-of-need diagnostics.
- You will be a global player, someone with a proven track record in global product development and who can ‘get the job done’.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude to tackle the challenges in medical diagnostics, have a passion for delivering healthcare solutions in resource limited setting.
- Able to set the technical direction, be a coach, be a mentor, be a pioneer in ensuring the delivery of under the tree diagnostic devices.
- Be someone who is comfortable guiding project management milestones, but take ownership, take responsibility and deliver.
- Be excited about the field and technical horizon, assess new technologies and understand how they could be implemented.
- Ideally, you will already have pushed a technology through ISO13485 and a GMP compliant environment.
- Fluent in English
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry based in Leuven
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- You can grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this opportunity.