Team Leader Electronic Systems
What you will do
Within the imec Solutions department, we build application-oriented prototypes around unique imec chip-level technology. Together with the component experts, we innovate at the system level to bring these imec technologies to the next level and to bridge the gap between research and industry. A system here is composed of an innovative microchip or sensor, combined with custom or off-the-shelf electronics, optics, mechanics, fluidics and both embedded and application specific algorithms and control software. Our mission is to demonstrate and validate these systems in a relevant environment and generate valuable data for our customers. We are building a multidisciplinary team that has expertise in system engineering, mechanics, electronics, optics, software, product development and quality systems.
In this job, your main activities will be:
- You lead a multidisciplinary team of electronic system developers.
- Together with the experts in your team, project leads and other team leads, you take care of new project scoping and definition.
- You motivate, coach and follow-up team members, setting goals and encouraging professional & personal growth according to Imec’s corporate values.
- You ensure the operational and technical excellence of the team in accordance with Solutions strategic goals in close cooperation with technical competence leads.
- You interact with other team leads, project & program managers and management aligning activities.
- You manage team resources to plan and staff ongoing and future projects.
- You interact with Solutions management aligning on team operations, budget & strategy.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar.
- You have minimum 10 year background in Electronics R&D or similar in a research or industrial environment.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in leading and managing a technical team as team leader or technical project manager.
- You have good resource planning, excellent reporting skills and can present technical and non-technical topics clearly.
- You work professionally, structured, striving for the objectives to achieve operational excellence.
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to report efficiently to management, to motivate the engineering team and to involve partners to the project.
- You have a good high level understanding of analog design, digital systems, firmware, board design & technology and deep expertise of at least one of these domains is a plus.
- You enjoy working in a multicultural team.
- You speak/read/write fluently English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.