Team Leader Optical Ranging Systems
What you will do
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to lead our team dedicated to advancing optical ranging and beamforming systems. A current focus is the development of solid-state LiDAR chips. As the Team Leader for Optical Ranging Systems, you will be instrumental in contributing technically to the design of Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) based LiDAR while also guiding and amplifying the potential of your team members.
In this role, your main tasks will be:
- Make key contributions to the development and design of PIC-based LiDAR, emphasizing advancements in solid-state systems and coherent detection techniques.
- Develop PIC-based beamformers towards different applications.
- Contribute to the development of individual photonic components, including optical phased arrays (OPAs), phase shifters, and optical antennas.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Coach and mentor team members, setting clear goals and providing support for their professional growth.
- Ensure the operational and technical excellence of the team by fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Actively participate in solving technical problems related to design or characterization of optical ranging systems.
- Manage team resources effectively to plan and staff ongoing and future projects.
- Utilize good resource planning skills for optimal project execution.
Collaboration and Alignment:
- Interact and align with group, department, and project leadership to ensure the successful integration of optical ranging systems into broader initiatives.
- Facilitate effective communication within the team and with stakeholders.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- PhD in engineering, optics, physics, or equivalent, or 5 years of directly relevant experience in a research/industrial environment.
- Experience in leading and managing a technical team.
- Strong resource planning and project planning skills.
- Expertise in optical and photonic modeling and simulation, using tools such as Lumerical FDTD.
- Knowledge and experience in integrated photonics, optical beamforming, and ranging techniques.
- Familiarity with measurement techniques and characterization of optical components.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and reporting skills.
- Ability to integrate seamlessly into a cross-functional, culturally diverse, international team. Fluency in English is essential.
If you are a passionate leader with a strong technical background in optical ranging or beamforming systems, we invite you to apply and be part of a team that shapes the technology defining the society of tomorrow.