Test Development Engineer
What you will do
IMEC designs and processes a large variety of innovative devices and systems. These devices include electrical, electro-mechanical, optical, fluidic and bio-devices. Your job will be the development of test routines and the execution of functional testing of these devices. The main focus will be on the characterization of integrated silicon photonics optical devices, both in the clean room (during wafer fabrication) and outside the clean room. Testing these devices requires good electrical and optical test skills and a good insight in the build-up and functioning of the devices.
More in particular you will:
- Collaborate with your colleagues and device experts to develop and maintain optical test routines and methodologies for our existing and new test equipment.
- Do optical characterization of integrated silicon photonics optical devices in collaboration with other test engineers.
- Be the main contact person for the set-up and execution of existing test routines.
- Plan all the tests in discussion with internal or external customers and the team.
- Do data analysis and report the results to the customers.
- Check and guarantee the quality of the test results.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor/master degree in industrial sciences (electronics) or a master in microelectronics.
- You have experience with optical and/or electrical and RF test techniques.
- Programming skills (Python) are an asset.
- You are customer focused and take initiatives with respect to measurement accuracy and efficiency. You are proactive in customer support.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of imec researchers, PhD students and industrial researchers.
- You are a team player with good networking and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of English is a must.