Test Engineer GaN
What you will do
Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology offers faster switching power devices with higher breakdown voltage and lower on-resistance than silicon (Si). This makes it an ideal material for advanced power electronic components. For safety reasons, system reliability and circuit design simplicity, enhancement mode (normally-off) operation is desired. Imec has developed 200V and 650V enhancement mode devices on 200mm/8-inch GaN-on-Silicon wafers with state-of-the-art performance and reproducibility. The technology is ready for prototyping, customized low-volume production, as well as for technology transfer.
To strengthen our characterization team, we are looking for a test engineer to support our electrical characterization activities in the field of GaN-on-Si devices and buffers. Your tasks include:
- Perform electrical measurements to characterize GaN devices and buffers and evaluate their reliability. You work together with senior device and characterization engineers.
- Analyze and report measurement data.
- Develop software to optimize the measurement time for the characterization and for automation of the data analysis process.
- Develop test boards for application specific characterization
- Participate in a 5S pilot project for efficient organization of the lab work space.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Professional Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or Master in industrial Sciences.
- We are looking for your basic knowledge in electrical characterization of electronic components, preferably in the field of power electronics.
- We need your excellent programming skills, especially your experience with python programming code.
- You are eager to do hands-on work in the measurement labs.
- You can meet deadlines, commitments and deliver customer requirements.
- Given the multicultural team you will work in, good knowledge of English is a must.