Test Engineer Health Interoperbility
Imec.HIE Health Interoperability exchange delivers test and validation services on interoperability issues in the healthcare domain to different governments, companies and civil society organizations. Currently, we are running several health interoperability projects providing assistance to software implementations of external vendors. We run interoperability tests with medical software vendors (mHealth apps, electronic medical health records, etc.), give implementation advice and occasionally develop own software or integrate existing software to support our testing activities.
Imec.HIE is operating out of our offices located in Leuven but frequent travel to Brussels will be necessary. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment and on a subject that is evolving rapidly.
What you will do
As a test engineer at imec you will deliver a contribution to knowledge building in the healthcare IT sector (vendors, stakeholders, government,…) around interoperability and problems when scaling from lab to living lab to go life in the health and care sector.
Imec.HIE is a test and experimentation environment for:
- Software testing on use case basis, with special attention to cross-system and cross-discipline interoperability and user experience.
- Validation of software integrations and interoperability based upon governmental eHealth services.
- Set-up and orchestration of ideation and co-innovation sessions with stakeholders from health and care sector.
As a test engineer @ imec.HIE you are responsible for:
- Testing competences:
- Definition of technical test scenario’s and support on execution.
- Be the go-to person for support, reporting and test automatisation
- Stretched contact basis with health IT vendors and end-users.
- System competences:
- Plan and arrange imec.HIE infrastructure towards fore set goals (interoperability and user testing in healthcare)
- Maintenance and keeping up to date existing software systems. If necessary, elaborate existing infrastructure or match with other imec expertise.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- To succeed in this role, you ideally have a bachelor’s degree or equal and you already have a proven track record in information technology and processes in testing
- You have practical experience of ca. 3-5 years in working with different IT platforms and software testing. You are comfortable with the following tasks:◦Set up of test scenario’s, plans and scripts
- Systems to support test management (SpiraTest, …)
- Systems to support test automatization (AutoIT, …)
- OS, WINDOWS, LINUX
- Basic knowledge of Java, .NET, Powershell, RESTful web services and XML-tools in relation to test automatisation and prototyping is a must.
- You have notions of:
- Virtualization: VMware
- Security: Firewall, Websense, Web security, management of SSL certificate
- Cloud Services and Server Based computing
- + 2 years hands on experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7, FHIR, IHE integration profiles and technical frameworks, openEHR, X12 HIPPA transactions and codesets.
- Experience working with interface engines and clinical workflows.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based web servicesKnowledge of connectivity and interoperability standards in health
- IT is a plus or you are willing to dive deep!
- Belgian eHealth infrastructure and software
- Privacy and security aspects
- Interoperability standards such as IHE, HL7, FHIR, …
- You're a strong team player. You're transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- You love to take on challenges and are highly result-driven.
- You are not afraid to explain test protocols and test approach to clients.
- You are bilingual French/Dutch and fluent in English