Ultrasound design and characterization engineer (temporary assignment)
As an ultrasound design and characterization engineer, you will be working on the development of a (photo)acoustic imaging setup and performing measurements on multiple types of (photo)acoustic transducers.
- You will guide the development of new ultrasound systems from the transducer design and characterization towards (photo)acoustic imaging applications.
- You will design and characterize transducers and ultrasound systems, electrically, mechanically, and acoustically.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design and characterization activities.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
Required knowledge and skills
- PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project leading is an asset.
- Proven experience in ultrasound system: MEMS and acoustic design and characterization, as well as ultrasound imaging.
- Good knowledge and interest in multiphysics modeling, design techniques and design environment. Proficient in use of design software (such as Comsol, MEMS+ or Ansys) and on ultrasound simulation software (Kwave, FieldII).
- Good experience in MEMS characterization (such as impedance, LDV, pressure measurements) as well as in imaging with ultrasound system (such as Verasonics).
- Experience in photoacoustics is an asset.
- Ability to quickly write code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
Duration of the assignment
Desired start date and work regime
- As soon as available
- Fulltime, 5 days/week (40h)
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should contact Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen contact op te nemen met Flexforce.