Venture Development Manager (Life Sciences)
What you will do
You are part of our venture development team, which is responsible for the creation of high-impact deep tech ventures based on Imec technologies.
In your new role you are responsible to turn venture ideas and projects, into successful spin-off companies. Together with the venture development team and various stakeholders, you define the venture’s business model, ensure the development of a solid product roadmap and business plan, hire the team and ensure successful fundraising – you are literally the interim CEO of your ventures until they are fully staffed and incorporated.
You are responsible for helping to create the right environment and process to:
- Drive and inspire the submission of new venturing ideas into the venture funnel.
- Drive incubation of selected venturing ideas into a successful business by acting as the venture manager ad interim during the various stages of venture development.
- Successfully incorporate the venture, creating a win-win situation for all involved stakeholders.
- In some cases, you drive your case to a license deal or technology sale with an existing startup.
- Recognize promising ideas, establish win-win relations between ideas of different groups and encourage individuals to develop their ideas for entry into the venture funnel.
- Help to create excellent entrepreneurial teams for venture opportunities, identify high potentials for these teams inside and outside imec. You do this by extending and accessing the entrepreneurial network.
- Make sure the success factors of a scalable venture are well understood by the teams and applied to their case.
- Coach and mentor the teams to develop their business plans, get them selected by the investors and execute the plan.
- Help prepare the incorporation of the venture and negotiate with the various stakeholders involved.
- Help create an environment where entrepreneurship is encouraged and developed.
- Establish partnerships with internal and external parties to promote new business ideas based on imec technologies.
- Liaise with public and private funds to help prepare funding for the new initiatives.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of deep tech innovation and entrepreneurship, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to be exposed to new technologies and applications that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. You will have the opportunity to create and be part of an entrepreneurial environment and to bring our innovative technologies and applications to the market. You can help and coach young ambitious teams to build an attractive business case and execute on it. Also, you will extend your network in the world of technology entrepreneurs, experts and investors.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. Imec, as an employer of choice, also offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan. Furthermore, imec offers a wide range of training possibilities.
Who you are
Are you our new colleague combining entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen and deep technology understanding to join our team?
In any case, we appreciate your strong entrepreneurial, result-oriented spirit and ambitions and we value your background as a master or PhD in engineering and / or life sciences. We are looking forward to your strong entrepreneurial background in technology startups where you, preferably, have participated in a lead role in a technology startup. We think your demonstrated knowledge and experience of early-stage opportunities and translating technologies into businesses will be a great asset for us. We need your excellent negotiation skills for the challenging negotiation cycles with our various stakeholders that often have conflicting requirements. You are talented in technology development, intellectual property protection, patents, and commercialization from discovery to development.
Because of your solid analytical skills, you can assess and understand the key attributes of technologies, products, markets, and teams that lead to successful startup companies. We need your talent to adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner. You demonstrate operational excellence, by taking actions, coordinating, driving, and assisting decision processes and paying attention to detail. You possess strong verbal and written communications skills and use this during presentations and your interactions with our customer and business.