Our portfolio includes millimeter wave phased array transceivers, record-breaking ADCs, reconfigurable low-noise frequency synthesizers, tunable duplexers, and more. Our solutions cover the entire spectrum of wireless communication, ranging from LTE to 5G.
Covering the entire spectrum from LTE to 5G
We deliver solutions for the following communication technologies:
- Mm wave wireless communication such as compact, extremely energy-efficient 60GHz radios for 5G outdoor wireless connectivity and indoor mm wave access.
- Multi-standard ultra-low power radios for WiFi and WiGig connectivity in the Internet of Things. Our radio architectures achieve record-breaking performance and power efficiency, boosting throughput and battery life.
- Cellular communication with breakthrough designs for high performance, compact, power efficient and reconfigurable radio architectures.
5G and Internet-of-things communications
At imec, we are in the process of developing both ultra-low-power radios for IoT sensors to communicate to the network, cellular and WiFi radio as well as 60GHz communications for high speed data transfer.
Mm-wave wireless communication
Discover more about mm wave wireless communication solutions developed and licensed by imec.
Multi-standard ultra-low power IoT and 5G radios
Discover more about the multi-standard, ultra-low power radios being developed by imec for IoT applications.
Cellular and WiFi communication
Find out more about imec’s development of scalable radios for LTE and WiFi.
Power Model for Wireless Base Stations
Wireless base stations currently consume more than 80 percent of the total mobile network power and this number will only rise with increases in data traffic and support of new services for 5G and the Internet of Things.
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
PhD researcher – Software for high performance networks & clouds
The internet and cloud infrastructure are undergoing a massive change in the last decade. Software is playing an increasingly important role in this rapidly changing environment. Although new network services or control mechanisms can be rapidly developed in software and deployed on virtual ma…
Senior Analog and RF IC Designer
Design key analog, mixed signal, RF and/or millimeter-wave functional blocks for future radar and communication System on chips
PhD position: Researcher in the field of mmWave active antenna systems
EM group of IDLab has as its mission to perform ground-breaking research and offer top-class academic courses on the fundamentals of Electromagnetic fields and their application in Electrical and Applied Physics Engineering.
PhD - hardware/software co-design of flexible & modular radio network platforms
The goal of this research position is to design, implement and validate flexible and modular hardware/software (HW/SW) architectures for controlling and coordinating the wireless communication across heterogeneous wireless devices and networks, hereby guaranteeing a minimum level of quality for each…Meer jobs bekijken
What can we do for you?
- Our industrial affiliation program (IIAP) connects you with imec’s global partner ecosystem including leading EDA and IP vendors and commercial foundries, enabling you to share costs and lower risk through collaborative and precompetitive research.
Why work with us?
- We are a world-recognized center-of-excellence with an extensive IP portfolio in low-power chip design, mm-wave IC and antenna design, advanced signal processing and data science techniques.
Shorten your time-to-market through our offering in white box IP (intellectual property) licenses that includes technology transfer, training, support.