200mm GaN-on-Si technology will dominate the market in the coming years. We are already looking ahead to what will be the next generation of GaN technologies, and to how to extend the voltage range of GaN to 1200V and beyond.
R&D activities on 3 fronts
- We explore novel epi architectures on Si substrate as well as novel substrate technology with a coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) matched to GaN or with interlayers between GaN and Si.
- We have proven that high breakdown voltage (>1100V) can be obtained by growing GaN on CTE matched substrates with a thinner buffer than on Si.
- We also demonstrated a GaN-on-SOI substrate with trench isolation technology to realize in our pilot line high level of integration and quasi-vertical 200mm GaN devices.
- We explore novel isolation technologies for higher level of integration of GaN transistors (high-side/low-side switches on the same chip).
- We investigate novel device architectures (quasi-vertical and vertical device) on 200mm substrates that would extend the current and voltage range of GaN devices.
What can we do for you?
- We have unique cleanroom facilities including a state-of-the-art, Au-free, CMOS compatible, 200mm GaN-on-Si technology platform for 200V and 650V power devices.
- Our industrial affiliation program (IIAP) connects you with imec’s global partner ecosystem, enabling you to share costs and lower risk through collaborative and precompetitive research.
Why work with us?
- Our research is based on a strong synergy between epitaxy, process integration, device technology and simulation
- We have an excellent track record in GaN-on-Si power devices with state-of-the-art d-mode (depletion mode), e-mode (enhancement mode) power devices and Schottky power diodes
- Our research is founded on high-quality 200mm/8-inch wafers with GaN power electronics featuring buffer layers with a high-breakdown voltage.
- Our expertise enables us to develop a solution tailored to your needs. We also accommodate the low-volume production of your device.
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
Some examples of what we have done
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Purchase & Warehouse Manager
Als motiverende people manager Purchase & Warehouse heb je een duidelijke visie op het verhogen van de efficiëntie van het aankoopbeleid alsook de werking binnen ons warehouse.
Als Equipment Engineer ben je verantwoordelijk voor het preventieve onderhoud en de technische optimalisatie van geavanceerde pilootproductietoestellen.
Wearable Deep Learning Researcher
The candidate will mainly investigate how deep learning is leveraged for the design of sensor data processing algorithms that need to be robust for alternating product configurations and difference amongst users.
Process Step Engineer CMP (Shifts)
Chemistry or Material Science professional to participate in a range of Chemical Mechanical Polishing development projects in our lab and clean room.Meer jobs bekijken