Imec has unique expertise in the development of CMOS and photonics-based image sensors and integrated imaging vision systems with beyond standard solutions.
From industrial inspection to aerial photogrammetry, security to spectroscopy, medical fluorescence to astronomy, imec’s CMOS and photonics-based imaging innovations allow its partners unprecedented capabilities, enabling new discoveries - and providing competitive advantage.
A wide range of core imaging and vision systems, hardware and software technologies, and product demonstrators are presently available:
Find out more about imec’s development of hyperspectral CMOS imaging solutions.
Specialty CMOS image sensors
Customized to your specifications by leveraging our broad CMOS technology knowhow, design IP & pixel portfolio.
Lens-free imaging microscopes
Discover imec’s development of solutions for lens-free imaging microscopes with micrometer-level resolution.
79GHz and 140GHz radar systems
Learn more about imec’s development of high resolution, compact 79GHz and 140GHz radar solutions.
Organic polymer imagers
Explore imec’s customizable organic polymer imaging solutions for randomly-coated substrates.
Learn more about imec’s development of software that combines data from different sensors.
LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) is a technique that uses pulses of light to perform distance measurements.
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
Some examples of what we have done
What can we do for you?
- We offer flexible collaboration models ranging from pure contract research for concept design, prototyping and low volume manufacturing, to full support in process technology transfer and licensing to a CMOS foundry for high-volume production ramp-up.
- We offer custom product development with strong engagement model of collaboration matching your own internal R&D team objectives.
Why work with us?
- Our comprehensive expertise includes image processing expertise, HW and SW system design, calibration, simulation and more.
- Our unique CMOS semiconductor infrastructure includes a 1 billion euro state-of-the-art 200mm and 300mm cleanroom for process technology development.
- Ideal environment from early prototyping to ramping up small-volume production of up to 500 wafers per year per project.
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Thin perfect absorbers on top of CMOS
Classical imager materials have very long absorption lengths, which hamper pixel downscaling. Recent progress shows that new metamaterials can be constructed with very short absorption lengths for future high-resolution imager applications.
Electronic landscaping of thin-film imagers
Electronic band structure mapping of soft thin-film layers paves the path for improved, next-generation imagers
Exploring Pixels for the Future Imager
This topic is to investigate
Postdoctoral Researcher Silicon CMOS Integration of Thin Film Photodetector Stacks
Work on high-resolution thin film photodetectors with nano-optical elements as our new postdoctoral researcherMeer jobs bekijken