Imec designs and fabricates groundbreaking neural probes that simultaneously can record multiple brain regions at neuronal resolution. These probes enable a precise, real-time recording of the activity of hundreds of individual neurons in parallel. They are minimally invasive and biocompatible, enabling long-term measurements. Our probes can be used for R&D and to treat neurological and motor disorders.
- Extremely high-density: up to 960 sensors and 384 recording channels integrated on a superthin (20µm) shank that is 1cm long and 70µm wide,
- Minimally invasive: minimal footprint, biocompatible, enabling long-term measurements,
- Photonic and microfluidic additions can be made to the probe,
- Stimulate, detect, process and interpret neural data at cellular level and
- High-quality signals: amplification on chip to enable low-noise measurements