We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together within high speed networks.
Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Multi-sensor environmental monitoring platform
Our multi-sensor environmental monitoring platform features sensors for temperature, relative humidity, NO2, CO2, VOC (volatile organic compounds), particle matter, ambient light, sound, vibrations and presence detection. Our test platform is suitable for indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring and control, and can be used in smart buildings, smart cities and more.
Use our sensor network test platforms to evaluate your sensors and radios, or to evaluate our technology for your own application:
IoT innovations to jump-start your project
Imec's research activities in IoT cover:
Sensor network testbeds
for environmental testing to evaluate your own sensors or radios, or to evaluate our technologies for your new IoT application. The testbed includes data analytics for partner-specific applications and supports low-cost maintenance of end points.
Sensors for IoT
Sensors for IoT to monitor pH and ions in water and soil, food, body fluids, and more.
Ultra-low power (ULP) IoT radios
2.4GHz and subGHz ultra-low power IoT radios to boost battery life and accommodates smaller batteries.
Secure system solutions
Secure system solutions to locally analyze the data in the sensor node.
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
Some examples of what we have done
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Researcher EUV Lithography Materials
Studying exploratory patterning materials
Zin om deel uit te maken van een boeiend en innovatief L&D team? Word onze nieuwe imec.academy Training Assistant!
Smart Highway Program Manager
Lead our groundbreaking and ambitious Smart Highway program and help us develop the technology that will revolutionize mobility.
De projectcoördinator City of Things Antwerp is verantwoordelijk van A tot Z voor het goede verloop en de kwalitatieve oplevering van een project.Meer jobs bekijken
What can we do for you?
- We can assist you with the transfer to high-volume manufacturing.
- The imec approach: multi-disciplinary innovation - We have all the expertise in-house to realize your complete and customized solution, from specifications to prototyping and we have the ability to provide low volume manufacturing.
Why work with us?
- We have a world-class track record in ultra-low power radio and sensor technology, advanced signal processing and data science techniques.
- You will profit from our extensive partner network across the value chain
- Our industrial affiliation program offers precompetitive R&D together with other technology leaders, sharing risk and cost of advanced research to shorten your time-to-market