Together with the Holst Centre, we are developing multi-ion sensors to form the senses of the IoT. They leapfrog the current performance of the state-of-the-art sensors in a mass-producible, wireless, energy optimized and miniaturized package.
Imec was the first in the world to demonstrate a solid state miniaturized sensor that simultaneously determines pH and chloride (Cl-) levels in fluid.
- Measures pH and Cl-, and allows for additional ion tests such as Na+ and K+
- Stable without calibration for 3 months to 6 months
- Cost-effective, thanks to SoC (system on chip) integration
- Similar or better performance compared to today’s standard single ion measuring equipment
- Internet of Things
- Environmental monitoring
- Precision agriculture
- Diagnostics for personalized healthcare