Following Moore’s law, the compute power of logic chips and the capacity of memory have been scaling exponentially over the past few decades. As a result, demand for I/O bandwidth is following a similar exponential trend, soon requiring in the order of Terabyte-per-second I/O aggregate bandwidth.
Join our industrial affiliation program on advanced optical I/O to explore and enable future system-level performance scaling using fully CMOS-compatible silicon-based optical links for datacom network, backplane, board, interposer and chip-level interconnects.
In particular, our research comprises:
1. System level studies
• Optical I/O system roadmaps
• Optical link architecture and benchmarking
2. Si Photonics Integration Technology
• Silicon-based Photonic Integration Platform (PIC)
• High performance Si Photonics devices
• Yield, Reliability Assessment
3. Packaging and Assembly
• CMOS to Si Photonics 3-D integration
• Laser on Si Photonics hybrid integration
• Fiber connectivity to the package/chip
4. System Demonstrators & Benchmarking
• CMOS TxRx circuit optimization for optical ICs
• Silicon prototypes for proof of concept
5. Exploratory Devices and Materials
• Explore novel devices and materials beyond Si: monolithic III-V, advanced Ge(Si),
graphene and others
Some examples of what we have done
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
R&D Engineer in Quantum Photonics Integrated Circuits
You will be a key player in the collaboration between imec and the National University of Singapore (NUS) on Quantum-Random-Number-Generators (QRNG) and Quantum Key Distribution (QKD).
Process Engineer Metrology
Als Procesingenieur Metrologie ben je verantwoordelijk voor de introductie en optimalisatie van verscheidene metrologie-processen in onze pilootproductielijn.
Photonics PDK Engineer
As a Photonics PDK engineer, you will make our Si photonics platform available for a global design community, enabling state-of-the-art telecommunications, bio-medical and sensing applications.
Postdoctoral Researcher Monolithic III-V Lasers on Si for SWIR Sensing Applications
Join the silicon photonics team at imec’s R&D headquarters located in the heart of Europe and help revolutionizing next-generation integrated photonics.Meer jobs bekijken