Imec develops technology for tiny microchips made of plastics. This new technology provides a platform for simple plastic electronics that can be manufactured in very large volumes and at low cost and is thus very well-suited for IoT applications.
Imec’s technology is compatible with established production facilities in thin-film transistor industry. Our global value chain of partners can handle the manufacturing of new devices in foundry mode, a production method similar to that of silicon CMOS.
Imec develops an advanced indium-gallium-zinc-oxide technology with self-aligned transistor architecture (IGZO SAL TFT) that delivers state-of-the-art performance for thin-film microchips on plastics in terms of cut-off frequency, power consumption and reliability. Our technology enables digital and analog applications such as wireless tags, microprocessors and sensor interfaces.
Imec also develops a portfolio of standard cell libraries (high-speed, high-robustness, low-power) and ready-to-use IC design blocks to enable IGZO SAL TFT technology for system-on-chip designs. Our pilot line facility for sheet-to-sheet manufacturing (Gen1, 32x35 cm2) is an ideal platform for prototyping and optimization prior to volume scaling.
Available and developing IC design blocks:
- Design platform for IC design in IGZO TFT technology
- Wireless ICs
- 12-bit RFID
- NFC (ISO 14443-A barcode)
- Capacitive identification tags
- Analog ICs
- ADC (up to 6-bit)
- Plastic microprocessor
- Laser-programmable memory (LPROM)
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
Some examples of what we have done
What can we do for you?
- Technology transfer of advanced IGZO TFT process
- Assistance on IC design and component development in TFT technologies
- Access to IC design library via licensing
- Provide prototyping and low-volume manufacturing
- Access to industrial network for volume manufacturing
- Benchmark and demonstration of new materials in TFT IC applications
- Specialized technical trainings to develop skills for your engineers
Why work with us?
- Advanced IGZO self-aligned (SAL) thin-film transistor (TFT) technology
- World-leading track record in thin-film transistor IC design
- IC design library
- Pilot line for prototyping
- Comprehensive know-how for the benchmarking of new materials and processes
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Postdoc: Reliability of Thin-film IGZO transistors for logic and Memory applications
In this Post doc position, you will study the overall IGZO TFT reliability, targeting both logic and memory applications.
Senior Researcher/Project Leader Thin Film Sensor Devices and Integration
Be a driver for the further development of thin-film sensors
Integrated microfluidic valves for Lab-on-chip applicaiton
This research aims to address one of the open research domains in microfluidics – fluid isolation – by developing an integrated and efficient microvalve on Imec’s microfluidic platform.
High brightness perovskite light emitting diodes
Work on the next generation of high-efficiency and high-brightness thin film light sources.Meer jobs bekijken