In the framework of our Holst Centre collaboration, imec develops new process flows for thin-film displays. By using metal-oxide thin-film-transistor (TFT) backplanes and organic light emitting diode (OLED) front planes, we realize next-generation flat panel AMOLED displays.
We develop industry-relevant processes on our 6-inch substrate pilot line in Leuven and GEN1 substrate pilot line in Eindhoven.
Our long track record of successful collaborations with industrial partners and our prototype demonstrations confirm our leading position in this very challenging field.
- Imec develops AMOLED displays on IGZO backplanes (composed of indium, gallium, zinc and oxygen)
- We investigate spatial atomic layer deposition (ALD) of new semiconductor substrates
- We look into encapsulation technologies to enable new flexible form-factors
Available and developing IP blocks
- Design and fabrication technology for TFT-based driver backplanes
- Integration technology for OLED on TFT
- Flexible substrate deposition and delamination
- Thin-film encapsulation with OLED-relevant WVTR
- Novel display driving schemes for compact pixel engines
- High resolution OLED patterning by photolithography
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
Some examples of what we have done
What can we do for you?
- Access our technology by licensing our IP blocks
- Collaborate with imec to screen, evaluate and benchmark new thin-film semiconductor materials
- Collaborate with imec to develop your pixel stack for integration on a TFT backplane
- Collaborate with imec to design and manufacture custom-made (flexible) displays
- We can transfer our large-area, flexible image sensor technology to an industrial fab
- We provide prototyping and low-volume manufacturing (Gen1, 32x35 cm2)
- Become a partner and access our industrial network for volume manufacturing
Why work with us?
- Advanced TFT technologies available for transfer
- Building blocks for fully flexible displays
- Patent portfolio on display driving techniques
- State-of-the-art OLED pixel scaling by photolithography
- R&D labs and pilot line for testing your new organic and inorganic materials, equipment and processes
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Postdoctoral Researcher on Oxide-oxide CMOS Wafer Bonding for Video Holography
Develop the oxide-oxide bonding technology for holography applications
EDA Engineer Thin Film Electronics
Supporting analog and digital designers for thin-film electronic applications
Electronic landscaping of thin-film imagers
Electronic band structure mapping of soft thin-film layers paves the path for improved, next-generation imagers
Large-area high-density electrocorticography (ECoG)
Commercial large-area ECoG arrays use passive technologies and have hence a limited electrode count and a low spatial resolution. Recent TFT technologies on flexible foils can enable a substantial increase in electrode count and density.Meer jobs bekijken