Imec develops disruptive technologies for image sensors based on thin-film photodetectors. Ultra-thin, submicron active layers with absorption coefficients much higher than those of silicon and other materials, thus enabling new form factors and applications.
Imec is active in the full value chain, from screening new promising materials through pixel development all the way to image sensor prototyping and technology transfer to industrial fabs.
We integrate thin-film photodetectors with thin-film transistor (TFT) backplanes to develop large-area, flexible sensors that can be used for medical or industrial x-ray imaging or for conformable, curved focal planes.
We also integrate thin-film photodetectors with CMOS readout chips to develop monolithic infrared image sensors with high resolution.
Available and developing IP blocks
- Thin-film photodetector stack based on polymers, small molecules, metal oxides, perovskites and quantum dots
- Design and fabrication technology for TFT-based readout backplanes (passive and active pixel)
- Integration technology for TFPD on TFT and on CMO
- medical x-ray
- non-destructive testing / sorting
- gesture recognition
- biometric / fingerprint
- security and surveillance
- free-form imaging surface
Hoe kunnen we u helpen?
Some examples of what we have done
What can we do for you?
- Access our technology by licensing our IP blocks
- Access our integration technology for thin-film photodetectors on thin-film transistors and on CMOS
- Collaborate with imec to screen, evaluate and benchmark your new thin-film photodetector materials
- Collaborate with imec to develop your pixel stack for the integration on thin–film transistors or CMOS readouts
- Collaborate with imec to design and manufacture your custom-made image sensors
- We can transfer our large-area, flexible image sensor technology to an industrial fab
- We provide prototyping and low-volume manufacturing (Gen1, 32x35 cm2)
- Become a partner and access our industrial network for volume manufacturing
Why work with us?
- Advanced TFT technologies available for transfer
- State-of-the-art TFPD pixel stacks
- World-leading track record in large-area, medical x-ray sensors
- R&D labs and pilot line for testing your new organic and inorganic materials, equipment and processes
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.Join the forward thinkers
Postdoctoral Researcher on Oxide-oxide CMOS Wafer Bonding for Video Holography
Develop the oxide-oxide bonding technology for holography applications
EDA Engineer Thin Film Electronics
Supporting analog and digital designers for thin-film electronic applications
Electronic landscaping of thin-film imagers
Electronic band structure mapping of soft thin-film layers paves the path for improved, next-generation imagers
Large-area high-density electrocorticography (ECoG)
Commercial large-area ECoG arrays use passive technologies and have hence a limited electrode count and a low spatial resolution. Recent TFT technologies on flexible foils can enable a substantial increase in electrode count and density.Meer jobs bekijken