Imec collaborates with TNO and Ghent University within the framework of the Holst Centre to develop flexible and stretchable electronics and to integrate them into textiles, wearables, and clothing.
Advantages of smart textiles
Smart textiles feel comfortable on the skin and merge seamlessly into fabrics and clothing, contributing to more comfortable wearable health solutions.
Our patented interconnect technology preserves the original properties of the fabric, so that it remains flexible, stretchable, breathable, lightweight and washable. It also gives developers complete freedom in placing sensors, actuators and electronics to ensure the highest data quality.
All steps used to integrate the smart electronic functionality – including the lamination technique and interconnect technology – are fully compatible with most standard material production processes and conventional textile manufacturing techniques.
- Flexible and stretchable electronics technologies for integration into textiles
- Application-specific custom developments
- A technology platform ready for prototyping and low-volume manufacturing of your innovative products
- A worldwide network of manufacturing partners
- Experienced R&D teams to realize your requirements
- Continuing research to enable optimal user experience and performance
What can we do for you?
- You will profit from our extensive partner network across the value chain, from material and component suppliers all the way to clinical partners and end users.
- We can assist you with the transfer to volume manufacturing.
Why work with us?
- Our technology is clinically validated, demonstrating medical grade signal quality.
- Our teams’ multi-disciplinary expertise spans ultra-low power medical sensor electronics, advanced signal processing, data science techniques, and biomedical engineering expertise, allowing us to create end-to-end optimized solutions.