At the Holst Centre, we develop ultra-low power radio chips commercialized by our industrial partners around the globe. Our radios target world-class ultra-low power consumption, state-of-the-art performance and low cost implementations.
We cover a wide range of IoT applications from consumer health & wellbeing to smart homes/ buildings/cities and industrial applications. We empower new applications by drastically reducing power consumption for wireless connectivity, enabling operation from small batteries or energy harvesters and smaller device form factors.
We combine the complete range of ULP wireless expertise under one roof, including systems and algorithm design, DSP, analog/RF and digital IC design, feasibility studies, RF measurement and experimental evaluation.
Our standardized and proprietary ULP wireless solutions cover:
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.0, 4.2, 5.0
- IEEE 802.15.4 (Zigbee, Thread)
- IEEE 802.15.4g (WiSun)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n (WiFi)
- IEEE 802.11ah (WiFi HaLoW)
- 3GPP LTE “Cellular IoT” – e.g., Narrowband-IoT (NB-IoT) Cat NB1 and Cat M1
- Wake-up radios – For BLE and proprietary modes
- Medical / implantable radios for IEEE 802.15.6 and proprietary modes of 3.6Mbps
- RF ranging / localization