ASIC Design Business Development Manager
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Imec.IC-link helps customers to design chips and bring them to the prototype and the mass production stage at top chip foundries. Imec is a qualified TSMC VCA partner and offers state-of-the-art prototype and volume fabrication services to fabless companies and system houses. Imec.IC-link provides its customers specialized technical solutions for the design of chips, prototyping and mass production. As an ASIC Design Business Development Manager, these will be your tasks:
- You will build and manage a portfolio of customers in need of ASIC design and other imec.IC-link services.
- Thanks to your knowledge of chip design and cooperating with the IC-link activity leaders, you are able to propose solutions to our customers.
- You have a good knowledge of the digital and analog ASIC design flows, the effort design tasks take and the parameters influencing the intricacy of the tasks.
- Collaborating with the other IC-link business managers and the technical team you can advise and promote the most optimal chip technology and design flow for our customers’ application.
- You prepare quotations to customers according to their needs and imec’s offer and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You will support the activity leaders and project managers to ensure a correct, adequate and efficient execution of projects.
- You regularly provide forecasts for and updates of the business.
- You act as the facilitator and negotiator for solving (technical or non-technical) problems during the project as quickly as possible.
- You advise the management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
- You represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
You have a Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips. You have preferably worked as an ASIC designer for several years of your previous career. Knowledge of chip design for radiation environments is a plus. You preferably have minimum 2 years or more experience in sales and/or business development for ASIC design. Technical knowledge of digital and analog chip design flows and a design-level knowledge of chip fabrication, testing and qualification (CMOS) is a must. System level design knowledge is an asset. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic. You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business related matters. A relevant existing network is a plus. You can adequately judge risks, problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly flexibly. You do not mind traveling (1-2 trips per month), mostly within Europe (EMEA). You are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.Academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.