ASIC Support Engineer
What you will do
For more than 20 years, imec has been offering a prototyping and production service to companies, known as EUROPRACTICE. Imec helps customers to design chips and bring it to the prototype and production stage at top chip foundries. Imec gives customers specialized technical advice on design of chips and on packaging and testing. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. For the further extension of these services, we are looking for some motivated engineers.As an ASIC Support Engineer, you are the technical coordinator and interface between the world-class chip foundries (chip manufacturing plants) and the customers. You support customers from design start till the moment they are ready to tape out their project to the foundry.
Your main tasks will be:
- You are the interface between world-class chip foundries (chip manufacturing plants) and our customers. You support universities and SME’s from design start until the moment they are ready to tape out and guide them on the technical side of their designs.
- You provide our international customers with the chip design guidelines, design rules, libraries and design kits and assist them in installing and using them before and during the chip design phase.
- You have access to the most advanced CAD software programs for providing such support.
- You will assist the sales team in technical discussions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Industrial Sciences (Electronics), with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- You have experience in analog and/or digital chip design. Knowledge of chip-fabrication techniques is a must.
- You have experience in project-based work.
- You are client-oriented and like taking initiatives.
- You are proactive in customer support. Having experience with CAD support is a plus.
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory.