Associate imec Xpand
Imec.xpand is an early stage and growth fund with a game-changing approach to turn hardware driven nanotechnology innovation into successful global companies. The fund is independently managed by a team of entrepreneurs, seasoned venture capitalists and business experts and is targeting ambitious tech start-ups were imec knowledge, expertise and infrastructure can play a determining role in the success. As such, we work closely with external start-up companies, imec researchers, as well other investors.
What you will do
We are looking for an associate / operations manager who will be able to support the partners in all aspects of the day-to-day business. As we are a small team, the right candidate will have to be able to work independently in a fast-pace environment.
- Support the Investment Professionals in all aspects of the due diligence from deal origination to deal execution
- Particular focus on technology due diligence and market research
- Work with portfolio companies on status and KPI monitoring
- Take lead on select operational tasks of the fund, such as marketing, conference planning, deal-flow monitoring, process implementation and optimization, etc.
Who you are
- Strong academic background, minimum a MS and preferably a PhD in the field of (bio)physics, nanotechnology, or engineering.
- 2-3 years of experience in a corporation, strategy consultancy, or similar.
- Get stuff done attitude with high level of autonomy.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.