What you will do
Within IMEC Semiconductors Technology & Systems, our group focuses on process integration of novel sensors and actuators. Specifically, we recently launched an activity on based on advanced photonics devices in the Near Infra-Red and Visible domains. Such platforms should allow to produce solid state beam forming chips for lidar, holography, wireless-less telecommunications... To carry-out our roadmap, we are looking for process integration engineers and a project leader to coordinate all the fabrication activities.
Photonics process integration is the main task. An activity on laser co-integration is to be started soon. Your duty requires to be familiar with process and module step development, able to work and interface with hardware and process step engineers. The roadmap requires the capability to build complex integration flows starting from basic process steps, to follow a strict development plan to realize a series of demonstrators.
As a new member of our team you will:
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes
- Analyze in line and end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions
- Make the link between process conditions and optical performance of the fabricated chips
- Work according to agreed timelines and report on progress internally and to customers
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects.
- Publish your work in conferences and journals
- For the project leader function: Coordinate fabrication of lots, closely monitoring planning, execution and reporting
The team is looking forward to meet you as a new member to help drive the development of new components with good quality and performance. This is a challenging and exciting engineering job in a young and dynamic R&D environment. You want to be part of a pioneering project and bring new technologies to the market? We look forward to receive your resume.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
To carry-out our roadmap, we are looking for process integration engineers and a project leader to coordinate all the fabrication activities.
Process Integration engineers
- You have a Master’s degree with relevant experience or a PhD degree in the following fields: Semiconductor technology, Opto-electronics, Material science or a related technical field. A strong knowledge of photonics, lasers, is a must.
- We are looking for someone creative who can think “out of the box”.
- We value your experience in semiconductor process technology, in a R&D environment, with good knowledge in the deposition, etch, CMP and lithography areas.
- You show a hands-on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals.
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.
Fabrication Project Leader
- You recognize yourself in the profile description of the Process Integration Engineer.
- Next to this, you have at least 5 years of working experience in process integration in a semiconductor environment, preferably in the field of (silicon) photonics.
- You have experience in internal and external reporting.