UgenTec is an international and fast-growing BIO-IT company specialized in the development of diagnostics software for PCR based DNA interpretation and analysis. The UgenTec software solution is situated on the challenging crossroad between IT and biomedical sciences, directly aimed at laboratories and diagnostic companies in the complete genomics market. We’re on a mission to heavily disrupt the rules in this market and are already recognized with multiple awards that confirm the value and promise of that mission. The UgenTec headquarters are located in Hasselt at the Corda Campus where a growing team of highly motivated talents is working on further bringing this promising solution to the global market. Moving quickly from a spin-off to start-up to an international enterprise in the future, working for UgenTec will be both a challenging and a huge opportunity.
In order to strengthen the team, UgenTec is looking for a Biomedical / Technical engineer, a PCR assay plugin expert.
- You play a leading role in an interdisciplinary team of molecular/biomedical scientists and technical developers to deliver tailored software to our clients
- You translate molecular diagnostic assays into software plugins
- You ensure the software plugins comply with all technical and functional demands according to quality management procedures.
- You understand the client needs, design a delivery strategy and follow up delivery on a project base.
- You have the capabilities to grow towards a team lead position and are open to monitor the team’s workload, monitor the progress and ensure delivery dates are met together with your team. In this leading role you review the team’s key performance indicators and optimize the delivery process where needed.
- You train new team members and ensure the teams compatibility in companywide operations
- You represent commitment, solve problems and keep your head cool
- 2-4 years of work experience in a results-driven environment
- A Master degree related to molecular biology/Biomedical sciences, specific knowledge of PCR-based assays is a plus
UgenTec is breathing a stimulating startup atmosphere where you can grow your capabilities in an open and no-nonsense company culture. We especially pay attention to keeping up our open communication and the desire to exchange views and ideas within our motivated team in a context of mutual trust.
We offer a one-of-a-kind role with fast paced personal development possibilities in an international environment. We combine state of the art data science with cutting edge technology in a streamlined & quality-driven development process to ensure we deliver only the best solutions to our customers.
We offer highly-competitive salaries with a packet of fringe benefits, including a car of your choice.