Business Development Manager
What you will do
- Based on your good knowledge of the electronic and digital technology market, you will build and manage a portfolio of customers.
- You will prospect new customers within the medical, industrial and automotive sector.
- You will prepare quotations to customers according to their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You act as the facilitator and negotiator for solving (technical or non-technical) problems during the project as quickly as possible.
You advise the management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
You represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, subcontractors, universities, chip foundries and customers meet one another.
What we do for you
Imec is the largest independent semiconductor R&D facility within Europe. At Imec, we shape the future. Within Imec organization, imec Innovation Services and Solutions is a division offering industrial services to industrial partners, leveraging on the existing landscape Imec has built to offer first-in-class technology services to start-up’s, scale-up’s and larger companies. Historically focused on ASIC services, we also offer services related to the prototyping of proof of concepts of digital and electronics systems, both from hardware and software angle. As such, we aim to grow our business in Germany, and we are looking for a dedicated Business Development Manager located in Germany.
With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You live in Germany
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in technical service sales and/or business development.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You have a great network within the Medical, Industrial and Automotive industry in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- You have a Master’s degree, preferably with some knowledge in the design and fabrication of integrated circuits.
- Experience in selling ASICs or design and consultancy services for digital and electronics systems is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator, customer-oriented and diplomatic. You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular traveling (2 to 4 trips per month), mostly within Europe (EMEA).