Business Development Manager
What you will do
- You have excellent knowledge of the ASIC market and you will build and manage a portfolio of customers.
- Thanks to your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), you advise and promote to customers the most optimal chip technology for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec.
- You prepare quotations to customers according to their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You ensure a correct, adequate and efficient execution of the several chip production contracts and follow up these projects regarding monthly forecasting, delivery schedule and/or production planning. For this you rely on the expertise and execution of our technical and support teams and on your excellent contacts with the chip foundry.
- You act as the facilitator and negotiator for solving (technical or non-technical) problems during the project as quickly as possible.
- You advise the management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
- You represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet one another.
What we do for you
Imec IC-link helps customers to design chips and bring them to the prototype and the mass production stage at top chip foundries. Imec is a qualified TSMC VCA partner and offers state-of-the-art prototype and volume fabrication services to fabless companies and system houses. Imec IC-link provides its customers specialized technical solutions for the design of chips, prototyping and mass production.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility.
We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
- You have minimum 3 years or more experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market. It would be a great asset if you have experience in selling ASICS in the automotive industry or to customers active in the industrial or medical arena.
- Technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is a must. You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies.
- You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic. You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular traveling (2 to 4 trips per month), mostly within Europe (EMEA).
- You are fluent in English, other European languages are an asset.