Business Development Manager Agro & Food - OnePlanet Research Center
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and digital technology in food and health.
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10
billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while
they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology)
solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning
What if we can measure and understand what is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?!
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and
applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development.
This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations
and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely
together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as a Business Development Manager Agro & Food to be part of our interdisciplinary team to:
- Actively build and manage a portfolio of customers for OnePlanet both in sensor technologies, data analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and software algorithms for Agro & Food related solutions.
- Generate and follow up leads with customers in the Agro & Food industries and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Advise and promote to customers the most optimal solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the experts from OnePlanet. Create high value project propositions and write research project proposals together with the team (public-private partnerships).
- Prepare quotations to customers while also negotiating and finalizing contracts. You also track the progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor the customer’s satisfaction.
- Clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the program management, technical teams and OnePlanet management.
- Work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide imec, WUR and Radboud account managers to create high-value proposals.
- You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven and with partners.
- You represent OnePlanet Research Center at external trade shows and exhibitions.
What we do for you
a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in
an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your
opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- Master’s degree in Food Technology, Biobased systems, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar (must).
- Experience in sales/business development in the same or a related segment (e.g.: Agriculture, Food production and research, life sciences, precision health, digital health) (must).
- You have a result oriented, entrepreneurial attitude, are passionate about business development and have strong networking skills (must).
- General knowledge about the Agro & Food market and a good understanding of the technological trends and challenges in this segment (plus).
- Have outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication (in English) and interpersonal skills.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and are able to discuss and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters.
- Able to handle the administrative part, incl.: reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools.
- A team player, working closely with the program teams, technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional and WUR and Radboud account teams.
- Start-up mentality and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Able to travel frequently to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- Willing to travel to Leuven, Belgium (approx. 1 day every 2 weeks).
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet.
You can reach Frank Wolfs via +31(0)6-50837563.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.