Business Development Manager Fabless, Silicon Photonics
What you will do
At imec, we work together with world leading players in the semiconductor business, ranging from equipment and material suppliers, over IC makers, foundries, and in an increasing level also fabless design companies and system houses. We work on joint roadmaps and enablement of future semiconductor solutions.
The business segment ‘Core CMOS’ is oriented to the Fabless chip design companies, system houses and EDA companies. This challenging and growing segment has new system related offerings enabled through novel hardware concepts for e.g. IOT, Big data and Deep Learning. For ‘Core CMOS’ we are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Manager.
As Business Development Manager you are responsible for business offerings and associated marketing for the assigned technology programs in Core CMOS. You are the corporate account for customers in the segment of the Fabless chip design, system houses and EDA, focusing on silicon photonics partners. In this role you closely collaborate with the related technical program directors and management of the different Technology Units of imec.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Business development of the Technology Programs for the assigned accounts, based on full insight in the technological and application capabilities of the program(s). You translate this into an offering that meets the needs and requirements of your (target) customers.
- Give guidance for and discuss the product roadmaps with the responsible Program owners and executive management from a business strategy perspective for the assigned segment.
- Own the business offering, IP models and pricing strategy for the assigned program or activity segment.
- Ownership of discussions, with both existing and target accounts, in order to maintain or build the value offering, organizing on-site and customer field visits owning review agendas and representing the business offering.
- Take full ownership of and drive relevant customer visits. Therefor you define the relevant agenda with R&D units.
- Co-own and drive the technology/application content and business offering of sales proposals. You lead the discussions to contract closure, in interaction with the customer and other corporate functions in imec and regional account management.
- Develop the relevant Going to Market plan (GtM) and seek buy-in of stakeholders and drive joint execution.
You will be part of the Business Development team for Core CMOS and will coordinate with the segment leader for the Fabless, system and EDA Industry.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech and international environment in close interaction with our R&D partners. You will have the opportunity to build strategic relationships with world leading silicon photonics companies.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with plenty of exciting challenges. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We value your Master in Applied Science, Exact Sciences or Engineering. Your key asset is your electronics, physics or material science focus and experience with semiconductor technology or chip/system design.
Your knowledge of silicon photonics will be considered as a plus. We admire your affinity with the semiconductor industry ecosystem and your sound experience or willingness to dive into business matters and partnership building. We are looking for your strong verbal and written communication skills. Your analytical skills combined with your accurate and structured work will also be an asset for us. We appreciate your enthusiasm and team spirit and value the initiatives you take. We hope you don’t mind travelling and using your English language skills. We will be happy if you also talk Dutch, but this is not a must.