Business Development Manager IC-link North America
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer.
The IC-link division of imec is responsible for providing access to advanced ASIC foundry technologies to Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) and to larger companies for which IC manufacturing is not a core competence. IC-link provides both technical and logistics support to enable prototyping and small/large volume production of custom ASICs. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, imec.IC-link is expanding its operations in North America, where it will be co-located with imec’s new Design Center in Kissimmee, Central Florida. The Business Manager position will be responsible for developing imec.IC-link’s business on the East Coast.
- You will use your excellent knowledge of the ASIC market and will build and manage a portfolio of customers in this market.
- Use your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), empowering you to advise customers and promote an optimal chip technology for their application, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec.
- Prepare quotations to customers and negotiate and finalize contracts.
- Ensure a correct, adequate and efficient execution of chip production contracts and follow up monthly forecasting, delivery schedule and/or production planning.
- You will rely on the expertise and execution of our technical team and on your excellent contacts with the chip foundry to make this a success.
- Advise management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
- Master’s degree (preferably in electronics) with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
- 7 years’ or more experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market.
- Technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is a must.Experience and understanding of chip design, tools & flow, as well chip packaging, test is strongly preferred And you just love to keep up-to-date on the latest developments.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular travel (2 to 4 trips per month) 40% + within the US and several visits each year to imec’s headquarters in Belgium.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to confer fluently on technical, legal and business related matters.
- A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a must.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!