Business Development Manager Security & Privacy
What you will do
Imec develops software innovation solutions for advanced applications in several domains. These solutions make use of imec’s extraordinary competences in machine learning, data analytics, security, privacy, networking, image processing and representation. Often combined with hardware and process technology innovation as well as deep domain knowledge, a unique value proposition is obtained to help large and small, local and world-wide leading companies to develop their next products and service solutions. As a Business Development Manager Security & Privacy solutions, your main tasks will be:
- Based on your excellent knowledge of the security and privacy solutions market world-wide, you will build and manage a portfolio of customers. It would be a great asset if you have experience in one or more above mentioned smart verticals.
- You generate leads within these market segments and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- Thanks to your knowledge of the market and your ability to listen to and understand customer needs you advise and promote to customers the most optimal software solution for their application under consideration, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec and KULeuven.
- You prepare quotations to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction.
- You stay in contact with the customer and facilitate the interaction between the customer and the technical teams.
- You clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. You negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the business director of imec Smart Electronics & Applications unit.
What we do for you
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
Who you are
We are looking for a highly-motivated person with the following assets:
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in computer engineering or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have minimum 3 years or more experience in sales and/or business development in security or privacy related solutions technologies.
- You have a deep understanding of business models employed in software contexts and IP licensing, including all variants of open source licensing and their possibilities for value creation.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You can talk on technical, legal and business related matters.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.