Business Development Manager Specialty Components Semiconductor
What will you do
- You will build and manage a portfolio of partners in the semiconductor technology market. To do so, you generate leads and discover opportunities for collaboration. Thanks to your technical and application knowledge, you will immediately detect opportunities to satisfy a customer’s requirements and demands.
- You will work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to translate those opportunities in high-value proposals. Then you will oversee the resulting technical proposal creation with the technical teams. You also advise the program management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap.
- In addition, you coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. Finally, you negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the business director of imec’s Smart Electronics unit.
What we do for you
We have grown to become a large and internationally recognized team. We create new components enabling new applications and their enabling systems, circuits, sensors, and algorithms. Our ambition is to further grow our business as well as our impact. As business development manager, you are the first line business interface with customers and prospects. You are the one to capture as well as to create market opportunities, define target markets and potential accounts. You deliver in terms of generated annual value.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who are you
- You have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Biomedical Engineering potentially enriched with a business degree. You have minimum 3 years or more experience in sales and/or business development for advanced technology, preferably in the semiconductor market. Experience in a technical-commercial function in a research or advanced development environment is a strong plus.
- You are a strong and positive communicator, customer-oriented and diplomatic. At the same time, you are inquisitive, like to solve open questions, and look for the best way to close a deal. You can convince customers through your technical, legal and business savvy. You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner. You are fluent in English.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, the legal and IP teams and the regional account teams.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, meeting minutes, gap analysis and other sales tools.
- You enjoy regular traveling worldwide; travel percentage is approximately 20%.