Business Development Manager Smart Applications
What will you do
- You will build and manage a portfolio of customers. To do so, you generate leads within the application software market and discover opportunities for collaboration. You advise and promote to customers the most optimal software solution for their application under consideration. You prepare quotations to customers per their needs and you negotiate and finalize contracts.
- During the whole solution delivery, you track progress and monitor customer’s satisfaction. You facilitate the interaction between the customer and the technical teams. Therefore, you communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to the business director of imec Smart Electronics & Applications unit.
What we do for you
Imec develops software innovation solutions for advanced applications in several domains. These solutions make use of imec’s extraordinary competences in machine learning, data analytics, security, privacy, networking, image processing and representation. Often combined with hardware and process technology innovation as well as deep domain knowledge, a unique value proposition is obtained to help large and small, local and world-wide leading companies to develop their next products and service solutions.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who are you
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in computer engineering or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation. You have minimum 3 years’ experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in application software solutions. You have a deep understanding of business models employed in software contexts. You have a good knowledge of the application software market. Technical knowledge of software techniques is a must.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic. You listen to the customer and understand his needs. You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner. You can talk on technical, legal and business related matters. You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%).