Business Development Manager
What you will do
Imec’s collaborations with world leading semiconductor equipment and material suppliers are a corner stone of imec’s business strategy, generating revenues and providing access to the most advanced semiconductor equipment and materials to enable imec’s R&D programs. The imec business offering consists of open innovation programs with shared research, bilateral R&D collaborations and private wafer services. In collaboration with imec’s technical units BD develops new business proposals to enhance the imec value proposition and to strengthen the ecosystem.
For the Business segment of the Equipment and Material suppliers, Imec is looking for a Business Developer responsible for several accounts and business proposals. You will report directly to the Equipment & Materials Segment BD Manager.
As Business Development Manager, you have ownership of a number of partners within the equipment & materials supplier segment. You are responsible for creating new business opportunities within your portfolio, growing account revenues, closing contracts and nourishing excellent partnership relationships. You work closely with the technical teams in defining the imec value proposition and the strategic approach for key accounts and identifying opportunities on the customer roadmaps.
You will have responsibilities in several areas:
Business Growth & Partnership Development
- Business owner of the partners in your portfolio: set account strategy, grow revenues, identify and realize new business opportunities, maintain existing collaborations;
- Manage business alignment for customer accounts by identifying gaps in customer expectation and imec’s offerings and working to reduce those gaps;
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships to grow the partnership with imec, by creating strong interface between multiple levels and departments of the customer and imec, and nurturing customer champions;
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer’s expectation; recognize the business opportunities based on the customer roadmaps and shares these with the internal stakeholders;
- Closely collaborate with the technical unit in defining the imec value proposition to partners;
- Organization of customer meetings from technical working level to executive level – align agenda and define key messages; both at imec and at customer locations.
Business Development Strategy and Business Process
- Set clear goals and success factors to grow the partnership revenues in line with overall imec strategy;
- Collaborate with technical unit to prepare new business proposals for customers across segment;
- Prepare business cases for approval by imec management including financial analyses, technical position and strategic fit;
- Attend technical conferences to increase technical knowledge, understand industry trends, and build customer network;
- Report account status to imec management: financial, strategy, technical deliverables.
- First commercial contact for accounts in portfolio – escalation path if any issues (technical & non-technical) cannot be resolved in the normal functional channel (such as operational escalation), to ensure the appropriate priority is given to the issue and customer satisfaction is maintained;
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve value, quality, and service to existing customers through appropriate relationships and feedback mechanisms.
- Manage the contract negotiation process from concept to closure in line with imec legal and IP guidelines;
- Ensure appropriate administrative follow up on contracts and business cases: keep CRM up to date, ensure contracts are signed and invoiced.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for a Master in Applied or Exact Sciences, preferably with an electronics, physics or material science focus, with strong interest in semiconductor technology and manufacturing combined with about 5 years of experience.
- We need your strong and proven professional affinity with the semiconductor industry ecosystem, related to equipment and material suppliers and or semiconductor processing.
- Prior business knowledge is not a must, business affinity and willingness to learn on business matters, business development, partnership building, and technology is required.
- We need an outgoing colleague with have strong English communication skills, both orally and written.
- Your analytical skills, accuracy and structured way of working are talents we can use.
- We hope you are an enthusiastic team player, but that you can also work independently and take initiative to get business done.
- 10 to 20% of traveling doesn’t bother you.