Circuit Designer for Machine Learning
What you will do
- You will explore the power, performance and area (PPA) of dedicate Machine Learning architectures to benchmark them in imec’s Machine Learning technology offering.
- Teaming up with various experts inside imec, you will explore circuit design trade-offs for new technologies to enable compute-in-memory for machine learning, starting from new and existing synapse or neuron devices up to full array and periphery design.
- You will be responsible for:
- Full custom design, layout and verification of CMOS memory arrays and periphery
- Exploring novel ADC, DAC and sense circuit and chip architectures to enable technology development
- Interfacing with imec’s process and algorithm experts to understand requirements and constraints for computational memory arrays for machine learning
- Maintaining awareness of the algorithmic context driving the ASIC specifications
- Generating and securing IP
- Keeping up-to-date on recent developments in the field. You do this by studying literature and interacting with your colleagues.
- You will maintain and build links with imec’s commercial and academic partners and follow up joint research projects with them.
- You will help drive imec’s technology and architecture roadmap to build the semiconductor technology for AI of the near and far away future.
What we do for you
- A full-time position in Leuven, Belgium.
- An exciting position in a rapidly growing, multi-disciplinary team.
- The chance to define help drive imec’s technology and architecture roadmap to build the AI technology of the near and far away future.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or several years of experience in full-custom integrated circuit design.
- You have experience with the design of structured arrays, e.g. memories, imagers or large DACs.
- We value experience with:
- Designing with incomplete device information and PDKs and communicating with device engineers.
- VLSI front end and/or back end design flow.
- Cadence PCELL development.
- You work in a structured, transparent and accurate way.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.