Director Artificial Intelligence Flanders Program
Artificial Intelligence Flanders Program
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Analysis are clearly the main drivers of the current fourth industrial revolution. It is strongly impacting both individuals as well as companies in fields as diverse as health care, mobility, entertainment, energy, social interactions, environment, etc. Flanders is launching today a large investment program of 32 M€/year to ensure the Flemish industry becomes leading in carefully selected fields of artificial intelligence. This program encompasses strategic basic research (approximately 12 M€/year), measures to implement uptake by the Flemish industry (15 M€/year) and supporting measures like education, training, outreach, ethical and regulation guidance (5M€/year). Imec has been assigned the global coordination of the strategic basic research part of the program, which is executed by all Flemish universities and all Flemish strategic research centers. Its ambition is to feed the Flemish industry with relevant research solution that will enable the industry to become or stay leading in carefully selected fields of artificial intelligence.
The research program is structured along four grand challenges that all contribute to and are essential for demand driven use cases in such areas as industry 4.0, health care and mobility. The four grand challenges are:
- Help to make complex decisions
- Extract and process information at the edge
- Interact autonomously with other decision-making entities
- Communicate and collaborate seamlessly with humans
What you will do
When you are the Flanders’ AI Research Program Director Imec is hiring,
- Your prime goal is to make Flanders’ research strategy in artificial intelligence a success and to ensure its valorization by the Flemish industry.
- You coordinate the strategic basic research activities in collaboration with all stakeholders: universities, strategic research center.
- You will ensure the research program answers to industry needs.
- You manage the relations, reporting and interactions with the Flemish government.
- You support the acquisition of additional funding and the further valorization through e.g. start-ups.
- You report on the status and outlook of the Flanders AI research program to a governing board of the program.
- You will be part of the team reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer at imec.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are a team player, diplomatic, network builder
- You are passionate about new technologies and at the same time focused towards impacting industry
- You have a broad technical understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques, data preparation and data analysis. You know how to apply these techniques in industrial applications for smart health, mobility, infotainment, industry, education, connectivity, …
- Your technical knowledge goes deep enough to quickly spot opportunities for multi-disciplinary offerings combining AI with applications, process technology, computer architectures, …