Device Engineer Device Design
What you will do
- CAD based design and layout of the power devices and technology test structures.
- You work together with characterization engineers for measurements of performance and reliability.
- Analyze and report measurement data to process integration engineer. Work together with the process integration engineer to optimize the process flow and layout for improved performance and reliability of the power devices.
- Understand the device physics, band diagram and comprehensive operation of the power device under static and dynamic operation, in order to guide the optimization process.
- As you build up your competences and skills, we expect you to take up responsibilities as a project leader in one of our funded or bilateral projects, as a growth path for your career.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- We are looking for your knowledge in electrical functioning of electronic components, preferably in the field of power electronics, layout of electronics components, and basic understanding of operation of power systems like DC/DC convertors and AC/DC inverters.
- Experience in Cadence is a must.
- Experience in programming p-cells is a plus.
- You can discuss with experts for packaging power devices, PCB designers for test boards.
- You work in team with process integration engineers and characterization engineers.
- You can meet deadlines, commitments and deliver customer requirements.
- Given the multicultural team you will work in, good knowledge of English is a must.