Device Engineer Reliability
What you will do
Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology offers faster switching power devices with higher breakdown voltage and lower on-resistance than silicon (Si), making it an ideal material for advanced power electronic components. For safety reasons, system reliability and circuit design simplicity, enhancement mode (normally-off) operation is desired. Imec has developed 200V and 650V enhancement mode devices on 200mm/8-inch GaN-on-Silicon wafers with state-of-the-art performance and reproducibility. The technology is ready for prototyping, customized low-volume production, as well as for technology transfer. GaN power devices are a breakthrough technology, revolutionizing the power electronics landscape, with first products in the market, and an exciting roadmap for next generation GaN power devices.
To strengthen our characterization team, we are looking for a device engineer to support the design for performance and reliability of the GaN power devices. This encompasses the design of the GaN active layers and layout dimensions, tuning of the threshold characteristics, device breakdown, on-state resistance and device capacitances, for various types of power devices.
- TCAD based design of the devices for electrical performance.
- Perform electrical measurements to characterize GaN devices and evaluate their reliability. You work together with senior characterization engineers for measurements of performance and reliability.
- Analyze and report measurement data to process integration engineer. Work together with the process integration engineer to optimize the process flow and layout for improved performance and reliability of the power devices.
- Understand the device physics, band diagram and comprehensive operation of the power device under static and dynamic operation, in order to guide the optimization process.
- As you build up your competences and skills, we expect you to take up responsibilities as a project leader in one of our funded or bilateral projects, as a growth path for your career.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- We are looking for knowledge in electrical characterization of electronic components, preferably in the field of power electronics, reliability of electronics components, and basic understanding of operation of power systems like DC/DC convertors and AC/DC inverters.
- Experience using TCAD is a plus.
- Experience in programming for data analysis, such as using Python or Matlab is a plus.
- You work in team with process integration engineers and characterization engineers.
- You can meet deadlines, commitments and deliver customer requirements.
- Given the multicultural team you will work in, good knowledge of English is a must.