Devops and Sysadmin
The Application Prototyping Team
Imec’s application prototyping team (APT, around 25 people) develops system prototypes to investigate new IT paradigms and the role of IT in society. For example, APT plays an important role in finding out how cities can be improved or made more “smart” through internet-of-things (IoT) technology. The team is active in many different domains, focusing more on technological paradigms than on application domains (e.g. health, cities, manufacturing,…). In addition, APT creates tools to improve the prototyping activity of imec.
You will join a highly skilled, well-balanced team of junior and senior designers and developers, operating from our offices in Ghent and Antwerp. You can choose from which of these two cities you prefer to work, as most of the team communication takes place online. In this role, you will get the opportunity to continuously experiment with new technologies and to work in cross-functional teams and projects in an international environment.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
To succeed in this role, you ideally already have practical experience of ca. 3 years in the field.
You will be responsible for:
- Microservice architecture: you are familiar with Docker and Container Orchestration
o You have knowledge on how to use monitoring processes to do scaling and load balancing
o You will set-up monitoring processes for active infrastructure
o You will design an alert infrastructure and workflow to make sure that critical events are quickly spotted and addressed
- Backup management. This means that you will setup and maintain application backups
- Infrastructure architecture: You advice the development teams on selecting the infrastructure and services that are most appropriate for certain applications
o Cloud platforms. This means that you have deep knowledge of Azure and good knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and Amazon AWS
- Tool configuration: you will configure and standardize tools to support the agile way of work in the teams
- Documentation: maintain documentation and design guidelines to map application services to the underlying infrastructure
- Security Management: make sure all infrastructure is secure and set up a secrets management system
- System administration
o Good knowledge of how to administer linux and to a lesser degree unix systems
o Configure and maintain proxy servers, firewalls, backupsystems, etc,...
o Manage user accounts on multiple systems
- You are a strong team player. You're transparent about progress on tasks, you seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- You love to take on challenges and are highly result-driven.
Nice to haves skills:
- Mobile app store release flows
- Message queues