Director FAB Operations
FAB (FAB and Process Step R&D), is part of the STS (Si Technology and Systems) business unit, holding all of its R&D infrastructure including the state-of–the–art clean room pilot lines (200 mm and 300 mm).
The Director FAB Operations is part of the FAB management team and is heading the BA-PPM department, which includes assembly/electrical test, Industrial Engineering (including FAB Contam Management and interface to the internal R&D integration community).
The director Fab Operations is heading the FAB Operational Excellence Improvement initiatives. In this responsibility he chairs the FAB OE PMO (project management Office). FAB OE PMO oversees the FAB BSC and defined KPI (Volume, quality, Turn Around Time).
He/she will also make sure that business policies, procedures, standard operating procedures, health and safety regulations are adhered to by all staff.
The Director FAB Operations (m/f) will work from our facility in Leuven, Belgium.
What you will do
- You identify resource bottlenecks in achieving business targets and subsequent generate countermeasures to mitigate risks.
- You ensure an adequate resource planning, productivity improvement and optimal employee contribution and engagement.
- You develop and update capacity planning and resource planning models.
- You actively pursue continuous improvement with regards to cycle time reduction programs, lean manufacturing, OEE and yield improvement.
Scheduling and performance
- You assure smooth shift to shift 24/7 operations (operations, engineering, equipment) and follow up escalations on a daily basis.
- You generate, review and report KPI’s on all FAB objectives and make sure targets are met or effective plans are implemented when targets are not met.
- You gain awareness of activities and foster good working relationships with support departments, customers and suppliers.
- You report FAB safety/quality/security performance, highlighting non-conformance and incidents.
- You ensure satisfactory closure with countermeasure of all incidents.
Continuous improvement and team skills
- You actively pursue continuous improvement with regard to FAB objectives and make sure standards of housekeeping and 5S are applied.
- You do manage the META team (Bonding/Dicing and extensive parametric/reliability electrical test).
- You do manage the SupInt team, Industrial engineering and planning and you are the Point Of Contact for the R&D integration community.
- You develop measures to avoid production lots loose time due to unscheduled “hold”.
- You encourage cross functional team working in the pursuit of business improvements and contribution to FAB and customer success.
- You ensure that the skills of the teams are aligned to business requirements and that team members are managed in a fair and consistent manner.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have more than 7 years of experience in engineering/equipment or production management within a technical and high volume manufacturing environment.
- You have cleanroom experience in semiconductor production and knowledge of silicon processing and device operations.
- You have a degree qualified ideally with a major in Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- You can manage the entire production department across all shifts and have experience with tool supplier management.
- You have experience with lean manufacturing tools & techniques, MES type systems and ISO9001 standards, manufacturing tools & techniques such as SPC, capability analysis, problem solving techniques and FMEA.
- You have knowledge of production planning and simulation tools.
- You analyze and solve problems in a methodological way.
- You show good interpersonal skills and understanding of the needs of production teams and people.
- You are flexible and able to anticipate business needs.
- You are a convincing and charismatic communicator.
- You have a good knowledge of English and are willing to learn Dutch.