EDA Engineer Thin Film Electronics
What you will do
As a part of a world-renowned team, you will be involved in supporting analog and digital designers for thin-film electronic applications. You will be working in a high-tech environment on the flexible devices of the future together with a multi-disciplinary team and with our international customers. Today, technology and designs are gaining maturity enabling a clear roadmap to realize worlds-first products. Your main task will be the developing the CAD tools for emerging technologies (e.g. thin-film electronics). The development of robust designs in these emerging technologies requires that all the information coming from device modeling is embedded in a standard software interface. All the main analyses (as DC, AC, TRAN, NOISE, MC, STB, ...) should be supported and also pcells (like passive components) should be realized. Additionally, rule decks for LVS, DRC and parasitic extraction should be developed in collaboration with the technology experts. In general, for correctly performing all these tasks, it is crucial that you will be able to communicate with people having different backgrounds (ranging from device physics to IC designers). You will be challenged to close the loop by comparing the EDA environment and lab measurements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translate device models into CADENCE compact models (Spice, Verilog-A)
- Design and characterize in the lab test circuits to improve the properties of the model (transient, noise, ...)
- Make sure that all main circuit analyses are performed properly
- Realize and maintain the rule decks for DRC, LVS and parasitic extraction
- Check potential of new software releases and run small feasibility studies on practical cases
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You want to make a difference and you are looking for a challenge. You are self-driven and constantly exploring new opportunities. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a Master's degree or equivalent experience in Electronics Design Automation.
- Awareness of the CAD tool requirements (e.g. for facilitation the convergence of the solver or develop proper DRC/LVS tools)
- Knowledge of novel transistor technologies beyond Si-CMOS (e.g. metal-oxide transistors) is a strong plus.
Solid experience with IC prototyping (design for testing and manufacturability, automatic test, debugging, etc.)
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec a good knowledge of English is mandatory.