Electronic Hardware System Engineer
What you will do
The Electronic Assembly (EA) group within imec.link is active in the development of high-performance electronic products in all domains of the industry. It designs product demonstrators, prototypes and assists customer with manufacturing challenges.
Your main tasks will be:
- You translate (sometimes fuzzy) customer requirements into system requirements and system architecture.
- Through your broad knowledge of electronics, you assist customers in making technology choices.
- You are responsible for the development of the electronics, from the system design, over the different design phases, to prototype and production phase.
- Your tasks also include hardware design: components selection, electrical calculations, schematics drawing, layout specifications writing, layout review, lab measurements and prototype debugging.
- You monitor the consistency of the system concept and demands during the project execution phase.
- You work intensely together with the clients (imec or industry) and with the other members of the project team to realize the product.
- For PCB layout, you will work together with contractors, and control the progress of the layout activities.
- For some smaller projects, you will perform the design and layout activities yourself.
- You have regular contacts with R&D teams, customers and suppliers.
What we do for you
The imec.link division of imec supports companies and academia with services that cover the entire semiconductor value chain. The department Electronic Assembly (EA) focuses on supporting the industry and imec's research in the development of Electronic Assemblies. Besides industrial services, EA as industrialization group supports the research of different imec groups in the domain of health care, wireless and smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc.We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in electronics engineering.
- You have strong experience in system architecture design, analog and high speed digital hardware design (CPU, FPGA, SoC, Ethernet, USB, PCI, SerDes,...) preferably with the focus on analog design, low noise, Signal Integrity, high speed data, ...
- Knowledge of the Application Specific IC development process is a plus.
- Knowledge of PBA/PCB manufacturability is a plus
- Knowledge of Altium Designer is a plus
- You work precise and independently to achieve a high quality ‘First Time Right’ product.
- You can work in an international team.
- You have good communication skills and speak/write fluently English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience in a similar function.