Electronic System Engineer
Creating sustainable solutions for OnePlanet
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. How can we make our food production and supply sustainable to stop depleting the planet of her resources? Are we able to tackle diseases early on and keep ourselves and the planet healthy for the future to come? Truth be told, we need groundbreaking sustainable technology to deal with these challenges for the planet and humanity. Do you want to create such technology and build a better future?
Being part of OnePlanet means you will be working in a thrilling enterprising environment that develops mature sustainable technology. It will be about creating impact in a new team of engineers and medical, data and food technologists. In an interdisciplinary team you will work on innovations that are immediately applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced Electronic System Engineer to expand our OnePlanet team in Wageningen, Gelderland. You will be responsible for designing cutting edge
solutions for our devices as well the design, implementation and management of low-power, high-quality electronic systems. You will also interact with customers and suppliers to align on planning, progress and transfer of results.
In this start up like environment you will begin very hands-on while getting the opportunity to build up and technically lead a team of electronic engineers. You will be
responsible for electronic system design and development for device prototypes based on prototypes components (like sensors and ASICs) and off-the-shelf sensors, DSP/microcontrollers and radios, while interfacing to smartphones and other portable devices. Your tasks will include:
- Deliver high-quality system designs in a timely fashion.
- Hardware testing and troubleshooting, including board bring-up, design of test tooling and adaptation of existing platforms to new specifications.
- Lead and perform the hardware testing and characterization of prototypes.
- Documentation of the design, development and testing activities potentially in accordance to industry regulations.
- Perform experimental feasibility studies based on hardware you designed.
- Development of PCBs (analog-mixed signal circuits) including schematic design and layout.
- Implementing firmware on microcontroller.
- Embedded system design.
- Design and implementation of test environments for sensitive, high performance circuits, including basic acquisition/visualization software.
- Develop and execute signal analysis scripts (Matlab/Python).
- Develop and build fully functional application demonstrators.
- Cooperate within multi-disciplinary project teams and with external development partners consisting of electrical, software and biomedical engineers to define the specifications, design, implement, verify and validate hardware systems.
- You will share knowledge with the team and help and guide them in the area of electronic systems.
- Develop a way of working for the team and create internal procedures.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec-NL, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected Research Institutes/Universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- MSc degree in electronics, electrical or industrial engineering or a similar field.
- 4+ years’ experience in low-power electronic system design, preferably in the field of wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- 3+ years’ experience with CAD tools for PCB schematic entry and layout and DFT and DFM techniques.
- Good knowledge of analog and digital circuit design concepts.
- Good knowledge with test and measurement of analog and digital circuits.
- At least basic knowledge/understanding of:
- uControllers and firmware development,
- industry standard interface protocols (SPI, I2C, UART),
- programming languages as C, C#, including for embedded applications (microcontrollers),
- data analysis software and instrument control such as Matlab and Labview.
- Experience in troubleshooting, patching and board bring-up in miniaturized designs.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems on a daily base.
- Basic knowledge of ISO13485 and IEC 60601 and CE marking procedures is a plus.
- Familiarity with FDA regulation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of VHDL or Verilog is a plus.
- Experience with supplier and customer interaction is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are able to deal with ambiguity. You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Senior Corporate Recruiter OnePlanet. Email: Frank.Wolfs.email@example.com.